Saturday, November 04, 2006

On Writing

"Of all that is written I love only what a man has written with his blood. Write with blood, and you will experience that blood is spirit." - Nietzsche

I have always wanted to write - put down my personal thoughts, emotions, ideas and experiences on ink and paper. I find it very difficult though to put into words what I am thinking, feeling and experiencing. A reason is that I feel I do not have the proper faculties to fully express myself in words. Another is that writing just can't seem to catch up with my day-to-day and I end up getting frustrated by this.

A personal resolution that I've thought of is to look back rather than to keep up. Writing about something long after it has happened will never be the same as being able to write about something right as it is happening or soon thereafter. But it is still an account, a portrayal of my thoughts, feelings and experiences.

That is what I am trying to do here. And hopefully through modern technology, I can try to bridge the gap between writing about the past, living the present and looking forward for the future.

No comments: